Foul Territory

A sports blog with no specific focus, though I like wrestling and baseball

7.01.2004

High School Teammates

I was thinking about Tim Claypool for some reason yesterday. I don't have the foggiest idea what brought him to mind, but the story is rather entertaining, at least for me and people who like wrestling. Maybe you'll like it, too. Tim came late to wrestling. He didn't start the sport until his junior year of high school. He was a pretty agreeable fellow, though, and picked it up fairly quickly. Now, he had nothing like what you would call a good career in high school, but that's the amusing part of the story. One year, I don't remember which, Tim managed to have a record with exactly as many wins and losses. 11 times his hand was raised, and 11 times the referee raised his opponent's. This is not altogether odd. The odd part was that he went an entire season without ever getting all the way to the end of the match. That's correct, of his 11 wins, all 11 came by pin. Of his 11 losses, all of those came by pin as well. I have no idea what happened to Tim, but he'll always be my teammate with the most unique record.
Andy, 5:46 PM